A camera that is not constrained by traditional boundaries of battery life or weather (IP64).
Run it for 3 hours, 3 months, or 3 years*
A dedicated, purpose-built, and easy-to-use timelapse camera that frees up other, complicated and expensive recording equipment to do what they do best, still photos and videos. Other solutions add expensive accessories to expensive cameras that are not made for timelapse video creation. The ZEITDice camera is simple and inexpensive, costing a fraction of the cost of the accessories required by other solutions.
* The ultra-low power consumption allows for a battery life of over 3 months with typical settings of 1 frame per ~10 minutes. Attach a small solar panel and run it indefinitely.
- 1/4-Inch (4:3) 5MP CMOS Digital Image Sensor
- Active Pixels: 2592H x 1944V
- Pixel Size: 1.4 x 1.4 µm
- 120° wide angle lens
Output & Settings
- Modes: JPEG (We are planning to add RAW and HDR, coming as software update)
- Device comes with PC / MAC / Linux Software Suite that renders the cameras output into videos (1080p HD)
- Capture Interval & Mode can be set in Companion App or Software Suite
Memory & Connectivity
- 32GB memory included (built-in, can't be upgraded)
- Wi-Fi [802.11b/g/n], Bluetooth 4.0 (Wi-Fi only usable with ZEITCloud services, not launched yet)
- USB Micro-B Connector for charging and file system access
Dimensions & Weight
- 7.5 cm x 7.5 cm x 7.5 cm (2.95" x 2.95" x 2.95")
- < 300 g
- Tripod Mount (1/4"-20)
- Super Strong Permanent Magnets
- 1" Strap Slot
Battery & Power
- Built-in Battery (4,400 mAh)
- Charging via USB Micro-B cable (included)
Weatherproofing & Environmental Limitations
IP64 or better (Dustproof and Weatherproof)
- Temperature 0° to 40° C / 32° to 104° F (We are still testing to guarantee functionality in colder environments)
Companion App (Android & iOS, still in development)
- Viewfinder (available only if used with Wi-Fi in the future, not available yet)
- Set Mode & Interval
- Check on devices status without touching it within a 1 meter proximity
NOTE: Some minor changes to the specifications listed above may be required during the production process to optimize the design and/or specifications for mass production. Every effort has been made to minimize this, but moving from a prototype to a mass produced version can create the need for unanticipated changes. Whenever possible modifications will improve quality and usability. Any modifications will be communicated to pre-order customers. Full details can be found in the Terms of Sale.